6. You understand that it is voluntary for you to provide your personal data as described herein below. However, if you do not provide the personal data as required, you may not be able to register for the Account and/or use the Services.
Collection of your Personal Data
A. Registration of the Account
8. When you register an Account, we will collect your following personal data:
(a) Title (compulsory)
(b) First name (compulsory)
(c) Last name (compulsory)
(d) Mobile phone number (compulsory)
(e) Email address (compulsory if the Account is registered at HKairportShop.com)
(f) Month and year of birth (optional)
(g) Country or region (optional)
(h) Company name (for airport staff only – optional)
(i) Expiry date of your Airport Restricted Area Permit (“ARA Permit”) or Crew Member Certificate (“CMC”) (for airport staff only – optional)
(j) ARA Permit or CMC number (for airport staff only – optional)
(k) Referrer (optional)
(l) Associated member (optional)
9. If you wish to make purchase/reservation at HKairportShop.com and receive any order-related notifications, we will collect your following personal data from you
(a) Title (compulsory)
(b) First name (compulsory)
(c) Last name (compulsory)
(d) Mobile phone number (compulsory)
(e) Email address (compulsory)
(f) Passenger type (compulsory)
(g) Billing address of your credit card (compulsory)
(h) Shipping address (compulsory if you choose to use any delivery service)
(i) Your name as stated on your Hong Kong identity card or your travel document (compulsory if you choose to use delivery service under Luxury Concierge or purchase duty free hard liquor products)
(j) Flight information (compulsory for travelers only)
(k) Transaction data (compulsory)
(l) An image or copy of the relevant boarding pass (including full name, flight information, etc.) (compulsory if you purchase traveler- only products and choose local delivery service as your method of collection)
C. Food Ordering System
10. If you wish to place an order on Food Ordering System, we will collect the following personal data from you:
(a) Title (compulsory)
(b) Name (compulsory)
(c) Mobile phone number (compulsory)
(d) Email address (compulsory)
(e) Transaction data (compulsory)
if the same have not been provided during the registration of the Account, for receiving any notifications relating to the Services, including order confirmation as digital receipt.
D. Redemption of Rewards
11. If you wish to obtain Reward Points or other rewards, in addition to the personal data specified in Clause 8 above, we will also collect the following information:
(a) Sales receipts containing, among others, the merchant name, shop address, purchase date and time, invoice number, sales item, sales amount and payment method (compulsory)
(b) Credit card sales slip/ mobile payment record of the relevant transaction (compulsory)
(c) Credit card(s) used in the relevant transaction (compulsory)
(d) Reward code (optional)
E. Live Chat
12. When you use the “Live Chat” service on any of our online platform, we will collect the following personal data as may be necessary in order for us to handle your particular requests and/or enquiries.
(b) First name
(c) Last name
(d) Mobile phone number
(e) Email address
(f) Order number
(g) Passenger type
(h) Shipping address (if you choose to use any delivery service)
(i) You name as stated on your Hong Kong identity card or your travel document (if you choose to use delivery service under Luxury Concierge or purchase duty free hard liquor products)
(j) Flight information (for travelers only)
(k) E-Coupon data
F. Third Parties’ Personal Data
G. Use of Websites, Apps or Online Platforms
14. When you use any of our website(s), app(s) or our other online platform(s), we will collect your personal data as follows:
(a) We automatically collect data relating to your online session, to gather statistical information on our server’s usage and to help us better meet your demands and expectations. This may include but is not limited to your mobile device information, including information on:
(i) the type of device;
(ii) type and version of your browser;
(iii) type and version of your operating system;
(iv) your IP address; and
(v) domain name.
Such information collected is anonymous aggregated research data, and contains no information that will enable us to ascertain your identity.
If you wish to subscribe to any news or update services about our promotions, special offers and other updates at any of our platforms including website(s) or app(s), we will collect the following personal data from you either:
(i) Email address; or
(ii) Mobile phone number
(b) We use a unique identifier to track your use of our website(s) or app(s) across multiple devices so that your sessions are reported on our system as a single user rather than as multiple users.
(c) We use analytics tools to measure how you interact with content on our website(s) and the app(s). If you log in to our website(s) or app(s) via your social media accounts, we will collect information you have consented to give us via the relevant social media site and link your interaction with us to such information. Where you have consented to direct marketing, we may also engage social media sites to show you advertisements that are customised based on your interaction with us.
(d) We may collect your physical location data through your Wi-Fi enabled mobile device. We use these data to determine customer population and to help us study your activity patterns and preferences in order to improve our Service. We may use your location data to provide you with personalised location-based services and content. Where you have consented to receive direct marketing, we may provide you with targeted advertisements, content, features, deals and offers based on your location. You may disconnect from our free Wi-Fi service if you do not wish us to collect your physical location data, in which case, we will not provide you with personalised services and contents.
(e) If you are browsing our website(s) (whether as a guest or as a Member), it (they) may place a cookie on your computer that identifies your computer to us and allows us to personalise your preferences. Cookies are small information files stored on your hard drive and are automatically accepted by most browsers. It does not allow us to access the rest of your computer or your personal data. Please change your browser’s settings if you do not wish to accept cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all features and services offered on our website(s) or app(s) if your browser does not accept cookies.
H. Personal Data collected by third parties
15. We may feature embedded links, “share” buttons or widgets on our websites or app(s) which enable you to connect to third party sites, including social media sites. These third party sites may set cookies which can identify you as an individual when you are logged in to their services. We do not control these cookies or how these sites collect and handle your personal data.
16. If the Services you use require payment of money, you will be redirected to a secure third-party website belonging to our payment gateway service provider to complete payment of any purchase. Payment-related personal data (including but not limited to the cardholder’s full name, card number prefix, cardholder’s billing address, card verification value (CVV) and card expiry date) will be collected by the payment gateway service provider for processing your order’s payment as well as other incidental purposes it may have. We will not be able to provide the Services to you if you do not provide the data to such service provider.
17. You should read the respective third-party sites’ privacy policies before submitting any data to these sites.
I. Other Personal Data
18. You may from time to time voluntarily provide us with other personal data when you place an order for Services via the Account, use our Services as a guest, provide feedback to us (such as via a survey) or participate in our promotion and events.
Use of Your Personal Data
19.We, and our contractors who are involved in the provision of Services, will use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the "Purposes"):
(a) To provide Services to you (including assessing any application for, administration and improvement of such services) as well as to administer and manage such other associated privileges such as participating in our special promotion campaigns; verifying your eligibility to purchase traveller-only products that you purchase and choose to collect by using our local delivery service; and (if applicable) verifying your eligibility to enjoy offers and discounts available only to airport staff;
(b) (For redemption of Reward Points or other rewards): To verify your eligibility to redeem the Reward Points or the reward in accordance with the terms of our promotion campaigns or programmes;
(c) To analyse trends, usage, foot traffic, activity patterns, preferences, demographics and traveller behaviour with us (whether on an individualised or aggregated basis) or to carry surveys, for the purpose of improving your experience at HKIA, including through combining other personal data which you provide to us with the personal data you provide to us through your use of our Services;
(d) To contact you for and/or carry out direct marketing activities (including sending you newsletters containing promotional offers and updates if you have subscribed to them) in connection with the shopping, dining, entertainment and service promotions at HKIA, including without limitation providing you with targeted and/or location-based advertisements, content, features, deals and offers; and
(e) For continuous improvement of passenger experience at HKIA, such as shopping experience
20. In order for us to carry out any direct marketing activities in connection with the shopping, dining, entertainment and service promotions at HKIA (i.e. the activities as described under Clause 19 above), we will seek your consent (as necessary) at the time when we collect your relevant personal data:
You will be able to opt-out or unsubscribe from time to time from receiving further direct marketing communications from us on My HKG mobile app, HKairport Rewards and HKairportShop.com or from receiving further newsletters to which you subscribed by contacting us (see “Our Contact Details” section below).
Security and Protection of Your Personal Data
21. We protect the personal data that you provide to us by reasonable physical, electronic and managerial measures. Please understand that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
22. All personal data will be encrypted until the data is deleted in accordance with Clause 23.
Retention of Personal Data
23. We will only retain any personal data which we can use to directly identify you for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the Purposes, and we will delete the same after a reasonable period for verification and audit purposes. In the event that you choose to delete your Account with us, we will delete such personal data as soon as reasonably practicable after we receive such notification from you.
24. We will only retain your other data in an anonymised format for statistics and research purposes to assist in the continuous improvement of HKIA as well as passenger experience at HKIA. We may share statistical reports with aggregated non-personal data to third parties.
25. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, if any personal data (including the aforesaid personal data which can be used to directly identify you) is required as specified under the applicable laws or in connection with any legal proceedings, the same will be retained for a longer period but we will take all practicable steps to ensure that such data will not be kept longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of such purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
26. Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed to any third party except for such disclosure as allowed under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“PDPO”) or to such third party (who may be located and thus may use your personal data outside your country of residence) as provided below:
(b) Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureaus, or collection agencies where necessary to establish and support the payment of any products and Services being requested by you; and
(c) Any other third party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
Your Right of Access and Correction of Personal Data
27. You have the right to access, verify or update any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by logging in to your Account. Alternatively, you may request access from the AA and also request the AA to correct the personal data that you have accessed if such data is inaccurate. An access request form can be downloaded from the website of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, Hong Kong. We will handle your request as soon as possible. Please note that under PDPO, the AA has the right to charge a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request. Data access and correction requests can be addressed to our General Personal Data Officer (see “Our Contact Details” section below).
Our Contact Details
General Personal Data Officer
Airport Authority Hong Kong
1 Sky Plaza Road
Hong Kong International Airport
30. Where these terms and conditions are available in other languages, the English version shall be the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy amongst versions.
(Version Date: 29 Nov 2021)